Tuesday, August 10, 2010

over the steam that comes out of this Starbucks cup

A morning graced with a grande cup of Starbucks Americano. I want my coffee straightforward like this.

3 days before Eat Pray Love the movie shows. I am crying over the trailer as I have cried over things like, MasterChef? Who cries over these things but me?

I am crying because I imagine getting lost in this movie as I have in the book. Maybe I am an incurable sentimental... a girl who tends to exalt a song, a movie, a meal, or anything mundane, like it is something bigger than itself, like it is transcendental. The perfect word that describes how I see things sometimes (...most of the time, I just am embarrassed to admit it), weird as it sounds.

This is why I love the Eat Pray Love. EAT PRAY LOVE is a perfect definition of who I am, or.. how I am getting to know myself. It is like one word to me, eatpraylove. Elizabeth Gilbert unraveled the self that is within myself into a New York Times Best Seller. While reading the book I can feel like I am with her..and her journey to find herself one plane ticket, one train ride, one friend, one stranger, one meal at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment