Monday, August 2, 2010

The Best Egg Dish I've Ever Eaten


The best egg dish I've ever eaten is hands down -- PANERA BREAD'S SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE BAKED EGG SOUFFLE!!!!

I don't usually like how they cook their eggs here in the States. For me, they're bland and jiggly.. eeeyuck. I guess I'm used to my eggs overcooked, browned and crispy on the bottom and the sides, and the yolk, set.

But this egg souffle gave me and the humble egg a second chance!!

The souffle itself is light and fluffy, a little gooey, and warm, and cheesey!! Folded into the egg are spinach, Romano cheese, red peppers and artichoke hearts, lightly flavored with a hint of garlic & a dash of Tabasco®.
It's like an omelette that has lost weight and became as airy as a cloud!!!

..
.and they bake it inside their own sweet French pastry dough. The crust is flaky, and light, and crispy but still has that slight chewiness like a croissant!

It's my tiny piece of heaven especially after a long night at work!

and the bonus... I don't need to go to a fancy French restaurant to get this. coz Panera Bread is just a few steps away from my apartment! ..ain't I lucky?! only for this egg souffle!

what's the best egg dish you've ever eaten? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment